Friday, August 24, 2012

Mini-Haul



Hey everyone, I was in Penneys yesterday and decided to pick up a few bits :) I bought the Palmers Firming Body Butter, St. Moriz Instant Self Tanning Mist and a Natural Beeswax Lip Balm.


Palmers Firming Body Butter €5.50
I finally gave in and bought this body butter yesterday having heard everyone rave about it for months! Palmers claims to firm and tone the body whilst moisturising the skin at the same time. Unfortunately, when I got home and tried out this lotion I realised that hated its smell. I thought that maybe I was just being picky but my boyfriend James thought the smell was horrible too. I think I will try and exchange this for the unfragranced version. Disappointing! :(



St.Moriz Self Tanning Mist €4.00
I've been borrowing my sisters bottle of this for months so I decided it was finally time to buy one for myself, I love this tan! I apply it with my mit for a subtle instant tan, it doesn't smell and it never comes out streaky! I would reccomend this to everyone as it's so cheap but effective.


Natural Beeswax Lipbalm €1.50
I'm fairly sure this is supposed to be a dupe for the Burts Bee's Lip Balm but that's not why I bought this product! The Natural Beeswax balm caught my eye as I was queueing to pay in Penneys yesterday. My labello ran out during the week so I decided to pick this up as a replacement. This lip balm is cheap and effective, I used it before bed lastnight as my lips were feeling a bit chapped and this morning they felt soft and smooth. This product definitely works and at only €1.50 you cant really go wrong!

I hope you all enjoyed my mini-haul and thank you for reading!





9 comments:

  1. hiiii emily, i'm a new blogger too so i just wanted to say hello!
    i used to love that fake tan but then they must have changed the ingredients because i started to get a rash when i used it. it was horrid because that is such a great one and its super cheap!
    and who doesn't love palmers?!
    anyway, i hope we can speak soon as it would be lovely to chat to someone in the same boat.
    oh and you're about to have a new follower in 5, 4, 3, 2...
    laura xx
    http://ilikecrayonsxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh, i've just realised which palmers you got!!
    that one and the gradual tanner one don't smell great! the original just moisturiser smells much nicer!
    i was thinking, 'how strange, she doesn't like palmers' weirdooo haha, then i realised why!
    laura xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Laura :) That's so annoying that you can't use Moriz anymore I love it! Do the other palmers products smell better than this one? because i'd definitely be interested in trying out them out if they do! Just checked out your blog and I love it.. followed :)

      Delete
    2. i know!! i got the tanner one and it smelled pants.
      yeah, the original one smells great, just dead chocolatety and nice.
      if i'd have used the other one first, i'd have been totally put off but luckily i had just the bog standard moisturiser too.
      i hope you manage to find one you like.
      alternatively, it is a little more expensive but it does the same job and there's not even the tiniest chance of it smelling bad, the body shop do a body butter in choccomania. its new ish anyway and its lovely!
      laura x

      Delete
    3. Yeah i've been looking into the body shop body butters too, they look so nice, essie button always talks about them. There's so many different ones i'm not sure which flavour to get yet :)

      Delete
  3. If you're after the cocoa smell, I'd highly recommend the Vaseline essential moisture cocoa radient lotion. It doesn't promise to firm anything but it smells gorgeous and I've started using it as a moisturiser. Trust me, it's a good moisturiser if I can get away with it, I have dry problem skin. It's a huge bottle (you can buy smaller) and I'll definitely repurchase it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay great! Thanks for the advice i'll make sure to check it out :)

      Delete
  4. this is a great mini haul! :-) I unfortunately have been proned to rashes when I used Palmers' products so I don't think I'll be purchasing their firming cream any time in the near future. Your review justifies my decision :). In love with your blog. x

    http://catsandclothing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! We'll have to find an alternative to the Palmers :)

      Delete